1. Shoulder Pain, front part pain with combing hair and reaching in back seat of car--- Rotator cuff impingement/tear; excruciating pain and not able to lift the shoulder without assitance, usually occurs around 50s --- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive capsulitis). Active Test and Passive Test to differentiate.
2. Elbow Pain, medial part pain with carrying suitcase or shaking hands --- Golfer's Elbow; Pitcher's Elbow (medial epicondylitis)
3. Elbow Pain, lateral part pain when turning door knob or using screwdriver --- Tennis Elbow (lateral epiconylitis)
4. Thumb Pain, dorsal part while grasping --- DeQuervain tenosynovitis
5. Hip Pain, lateral thigh pain while sleeping --- Trochanteric burstitis; groin area pain while getting in/out of car or putting on shoes/socks --- Hip arthritis
6. Knee Pain, over the patella while kneeling --- Housemaid's knee (prepatellar bursitis); front knee while walking up or down stairs, squatting or getting up from low seat --- Patellofemoral arthritis
7. Ankle Pain, back of the heel with stretching ankle or standing on toes --- Achilles tendonitis
8. Foot Pain, bottom of the feet with the first steps in the morning --- Plantar fasciitis
9. Lower back pain, buttock or leg with walking and improved with leaning forward --- Spinal stenosis
1. Stop the current exercise, ice packs intermittently (15 min every 2-3 hours while awake) for the first 72 hours, keep the injured area elevated at night
2. Rule out a fracture with Xray, hairline fx needs a second x-ray in 1 week,
2. Pain management with aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprofen or prescribed pain medications.
3. Warm compression after the first 72 hours.
4. If using Ace bandage, make sure not too tight. Watch for numbness, coldness, increasing pain, or a blue color
5. Rest well and NO weight-bearing