1. Stop the current exercise, ice packs intermittently (15 min every 2-3 hours while awake) for the first 72 hours, keep the injured area elevated at night
2. Rule out a fracture with Xray, hairline fx needs a second x-ray in 1 week,
2. Pain management with aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprofen or prescribed pain medications.
3. Warm compression after the first 72 hours.
4. If using Ace bandage, make sure not too tight. Watch for numbness, coldness, increasing pain, or a blue color
5. Rest well and NO weight-bearing