1. Fever is common in kids, usually virus infection.
2. 3 to 36 months of age, Immunization reactions are frequent. Fever of ≥39°C (102.2°F) taken rectally warrant an evaluation for a source of occult infection. Serious bacterial infectious include meningitis, sepsis, pneumonia, septic arthritis, and cellulitis.
3. Watch for appetite and activity, Check for ear infection and urinary symptoms
4. Temperature control: Tylenol or Ibuprofen
5. prolonged fevers may warrant additional workup for atypical Kawasaki disease (duration ≥5 days)